Re: testing schema using dbunit

  • alexander_karmanov
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2009
      Anna,
      Any detail what you want to test?

      I test constraints defined on tables (especially those concerned to multiple-record data sets). Since the model is generated from ERwin (including these constraints, defaults, CRUD code, etc) it's easy to lose some of them, so I created set of tests checking all that.

      ak

      --- In agileDatabases@yahoogroups.com, "anna_sniper18" <anna_sniper18@...> wrote:

      > hello, i'm new to testing. i'm using junit and dbunit for testing our web app. this is my first job being a unit tester and i'm reaaly lost in testing the schema of database as well as testing the database. i have read many articles regarding dbunit, but can't seem to find the right answer in testing the schema. please help. thanks so much

    • Tony Checco
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3 7:11 AM
        --- In agileDatabases@yahoogroups.com, "anna_sniper18" <anna_sniper18@...> wrote:

        > hello, i'm new to testing. i'm using junit and dbunit for testing our web app. this is my first job being a unit tester and i'm reaaly lost in testing the schema of database as well as testing the database. i have read many articles regarding dbunit, but can't seem to find the right answer in testing the schema. please help. thanks so much

        We use DbFit, a variant of the FitNesse testing platform to test our databases. It offers benefits for automating the testing, being able to organize tests into discrete areas of concern, and can test constraints, data, stored procedures, etc. Just about anything you'd want or need to test on the database level.