Re: [agileDatabases] Digest Number 806

  • gamageg manjula
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 15, 2008
      How can I get the complete database schema from the SQL data base to the
      Visio.
      I can generate script file for db creaion from SQL data base. Can I import
      that source file to Visio-reverse Engineering. Can anyone give steps please?
      I know I can get the tables with primery keys from the SQL database to
      Visio by reverse engineering. But it will not give me links between tables.

      thanks,
      Manjula

      On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 1:25 AM, Tansey, Lisa <lisa.tansey@...> wrote:

      > R e: ANN => RevEng db
      >
      > Nice tip on Visio, Sekhar, thanks.
      > Manula - If you don't need Visio specfically, Embarcadero and ERwin both
      > have nice built-in reverse engineer capabilities & can produce jpg
      > output. Embarcadero will even autogenerate some nice layouts for you &
      > has a free eval download.
      >
      > -Lisa

      Manjula Wettasinghe