ANN: The Agile Development Practices 2008 Conference, Orlando, FL

  • cindyivellise
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 10, 2008
      If you are committed to agile practices in your
      organization, this conference has valuable information
      for you—now's the time to take advantage of learning
      from some of the best teachers in agile. Learn the latest
      in agile methods, technologies, tools, and leadership
      principles from thought leaders who deliver inspiring
      keynote presentations, in-depth tutorials, and a wide
      range of conference classes. Network with your peers
      during informal gatherings and discuss your challenges
      with experts in agile practices.

      As agile software development practices move into the
      mainstream, it is vital that you understand what agile
      is all about and how agile practices can help you deliver
      better software.

      New to 2008 -
      Friday, November 14, 2008: Agile Leadership Summit
      by APLN

      The Agile Leadership Summit gives you the opportunity
      to learn from industry leaders who have embraced
      agile principles and put them to work successfully in
      their organizations.
      www.sqe.com/agiledevpractices/AgileLeadershipSummit.aspx

      *Get an Agile Development Practices conference
      registration. See details at the link below.

      November 10-14, 2008 * Orlando, Florida
      Shingle Creek Resort
      *Link to contest: http://www.sqe.com/go?NG08ADP
    • gamageg manjula
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 13, 2008
        Hi All,

        I have a SQL relational database properly created referential integrity
        among the relational tables.
        I need to use the "reverse engineering" technique in MS Visio to get this
        SQL server schema to the visio format without damaging the links between
        primary key to foreign key referential integrity.
        I did a test but I can get all the tables with primary key and foriegn key
        defined but links between table|(primary to foreign) not appearing.
        So, I need to do it manually for linking the tables. this will be huge
        exercise if we work in the hundred of tables.
        Can anyone help to achieve this please?

        Thanks,
        Manjula

        --
        Manjula Wettasinghe

      • sekhar
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 13, 2008
          take the entire script of the database(right click on database , all tasks , generate scripts).
          open the visio and give this script as a source , so that it will generate the schema properly.;

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 14, 2008
            Hi,

            I have little knowledge about visio, Could you explain to me after
            generating scrip, what should I do? Do I need to use " reverse Engineer"
            option and select the datasource as script file?

            Manjul

            Manjula Wettasinghe

          • Tim Andersen
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 14, 2008
              I would use PowerDesigner instead of Visio.

              Tim

            • cindyivellise
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 26, 2008
                If you are committed to agile practices in your
                organization, this conference has valuable information
                for you—now's the time to take advantage of learning
                from some of the best teachers in agile. Learn the latest
                in agile methods, technologies, tools, and leadership
                principles from thought leaders who deliver inspiring
                keynote presentations, in-depth tutorials, and a wide
                range of conference classes. Network with your peers
                during informal gatherings and discuss your challenges
                with experts in agile practices.

                As agile software development practices move into the
                mainstream, it is vital that you understand what agile
                is all about and how agile practices can help you deliver
                better software.

                Enter to get a conference registration. See details

                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 10, 2008
                  If you are committed to agile practices in your
                  organization or want to learn how to implement
                  agile practices, this conference has valuable information
                  for you—now's the time to take advantage of learning
                  from some of the best agile teachers. Learn the latest
                  in agile methods, technologies, tools, and leadership
                  principles from thought leaders who deliver inspiring
                  keynote presentations, in-depth tutorials, and a wide
                  range of conference classes. Network with your peers
                  during informal gatherings and discuss your challenges
                  with experts in agile practices.

                  As agile software development practices move into the
                  mainstream, it is vital that you understand what agile
                  is all about and how agile practices can help you deliver
                  better software.

                  October 17, 2008 is the deadline to:

                  - Take advantage of Early Bird Pricing
                  - Enter to receive a conference registration
                  - Reserve a room at the Shingle Creek Resort
                  at the conference rate

                  http://www.sqe.com/go?NG08ADP