Accessibility and Usability in Agile Settings Survey

      I realize that many of us within the agile community are suffering from survey fatigue with the recent spate of surveys and polls, but I'd really appreciate it if you would also consider filling out this one. I've been providing feedback to Dr. Reece's efforts in this effort and am eager to see what comes of it. Accessibility and usability are important yet often overlooked issues by software developers, IMHO, and my hope is that together we'll move forward our understanding in this area.

      For over eight years Dr. Gloria Reece has been conducting research associated with Agile Software Methods for her forthcoming book, Practical Writing and Design for eLearning, with John Wiley Publishers. Gloria seeks to address a gap in the literature on the impact of accessibility and usability in agile environments. Gloria values the advice and insight of experts in this area. She is now seeking your input to help us shape the content of her book, which will be marketed by John Wiley as a definitive book on the subject to students, educators, and practitioners in technical disciplines around the world. Currently, the book is scheduled to be available in both print and on-line formats.

      The link below leads to an online survey that asks your opinion on information that we need about current practices associated with accessibility and usability in agile settings. Activation of this link (clicking on the link) will take you to a confidential questionnaire that should take no more than 10 minutes of your time.

      http://college.livetext.com/misk5/formz/public/24839/SUM25qfqLT

      During this brief survey you will be given the opportunity to provide additional thoughts on how we can improve accessibility and usability practices within agile settings. Please provide your contact information so we can follow up and ask not only "what" enhancements we should make, but "how" we can best make them.

      Thank you very much for your continued support of this very important investigation.

      My apologies if you have received several copies of this announcement. I also apologize for the snafu a few days ago with the previous announcement with the non-functioning link.

      - Scott Ambler and Gloria Reece

      http://www.flickr.com/gift/