Accessibility and Usability in Agile Settings: Survey

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 23, 2008
      I realize that many of us within the agile community are suffering from survey fatigue with the recent spate of surveys and polls, but I'd really appreciate it if you would also consider filling out this one. I've been providing feedback to Dr. Reece's efforts in this effort and am eager to see what comes of it. Accessibility and usability are important yet often overlooked issues by software developers, IMHO, and my hope is that together we'll move forward our understanding in this area.

      For over eight years Dr. Gloria Reece has been conducting research associated with Agile Software Methods for her forthcoming book, Practical Writing and Design for eLearning, with John Wiley Publishers. Gloria seeks to address a gap in the literature on the impact of accessibility and usability in agile environments. Gloria values the advice and insight of experts in this area. She is now seeking your input to help us shape the content of her book, which will be marketed by John Wiley as a definitive book on the subject to students, educators, and practitioners in technical disciplines around the world. Currently, the book is scheduled to be available in both print and on-line formats.

      The link below leads to an online survey that asks your opinion on information that we need about current practices associated with accessibility and usability in agile settings. Activation of this link (clicking on the link) will take you to a confidential questionnaire that should take no more than 10 minutes of your time.

      http://www.sigdoc.org/newsletter/current/jun08features.html#2

      During this brief survey you will be given the opportunity to provide additional thoughts on how we can improve accessibility and usability practices within agile settings. Please provide your contact information so we can follow up and ask not only "what" enhancements we should make, but "how" we can best make them.

      Thank you very much for your continued support of this very important
      investigation.

      - Scott Ambler and Gloria Reece

      http://www.flickr.com/gift/
    • boettt
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 23, 2008
        When I follow the survey link on the page you provided,
        https://college.livetext.com/misk5/formz/public/24464/CfHR6d79s3

        I get:
        ---------------------------------------
        Form: 2008_Annual Agile Methods Survey
        Owner: Gloria Reece <greece>
        Owner's Email: drgreece@...
        Dataset: 2008_Annual_Agile Methods_Survey_data

        We apologize for any inconvenience but this form is currently not
        accessible.
        This form is only active during the following dates and times:

        Open Date: 2008/08/01 8:00 AM CT
        Close Date: 2008/09/30 12:00 PM CT

        Please contact the administrator of this form if you have further
        questions.

        --- In agileDatabases@yahoogroups.com, Scott Ambler <scottwambler@...>
        wrote:
        [snip]