Re: Tool wanted for automated release of DB changes and data migration

  • Nick Ashley
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 19, 2007
      Hi Michael,

      Glad to hear that it looks useful.

      A command line interface is a feature that we're looking to implement
      soon but isn't available yet. I'll post to the group once it's done.

      We're also looking at building a .Net version of dbdeploy sometime soon.

      Best wishes,

      Nick

      > Thanks, looks like exactly what we were looking for. I am just trying
      > to integrate it into NAnt (.NET team) which does not seem to support
      > importing tasks from java libraries. Is there also a command line
      > version of it I could just call ?
      >
      > Thanks a lot, Michael

    • Jens Winter
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 20, 2007
        michaelnirschl wrote:
        > Does anyone know of a good tool to automatically deploy DB changes and
        > associated data migration as part of the build and release process ?
        > We are looking for something that would enable us to move between
        > versions of our DB schema like Subversion can take you to versions of
        > your code base.

        Hi,

        I'm currently in the process of building such a tool. It is a .NET open
        source project. You can find it here:

        http://www.codeplex.com/flynn

        Currently, it is at a very early stage. There is no stable release yet.
        But I'm planning to publish a first version soon.

        Ciao,
        Jens

        --
        http://www.jenswinter.com