database refactoring scripts

  • Mike Dewhirst
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2006
      I have written ddlsuite.py, a script to submit .sql files for
      refactoring a Firebird database.

      Provided you keep the .sql files under version control it should be
      possible to synchronise multiple copies of the development database in
      different developer-sandboxes.

      If there are any Firebird + Python people out there who have time, I
      would appreciate any feedback.

      http://www.pczen.com.au/downloads/dewhirst/fbscripts.zip

      The .sql files were derived from Helen Borrie's linked examples from her
      Firebird Book. They create a fairly small, comprehensive and probably
      famous test database. ddlsuite.py produces log files with select
      statement output so you can see what happens. It is built so you can
      easily clone databases.

      Mike