Re: Encapsulation was Re: [agileDatabases] Re: Proactive assessment
- It must be remebered also that there are fundamental differences between:
- Code that is generated as a product of a build (purely configuration driven generation) and that cannot be edited at any point in the process.
- Code that is generated for templating common components and therefore must be edited before it'll do anything useful.
- Code that is generated to produce small amounts of general functionality for standard components that may then need editing to fulfil particular special cases.
- Code that is generated by a tool to create huge swathes of
functionality, where the tool that then claims you'll never need to do
anything else with that code, but that produce source code that you
then have to live with as part of the standard source code set and can
never hope to pick apart.
I'm sure there are many other reasons and outputs for / from code generation... but it all just illustrates the principle "Never is always wrong and always is never right"