Re: [agile-usability] "Introduction to the User Interface Markup Language" article

  • bill pawlak
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 22, 2004
      I've heard about this before but wasn't sure it was real or just an
      urban myth!

      The UIML spec is available at: http://www.uiml.org/index.php

      Seems the core is centered around: <!ELEMENT interface
      (structure|style|content|behavior)*>

      "The <structure> element enumerates a set of interface parts and their
      organization for various platforms.

      The <style> element defines the values of various properties associated
      with interface parts (analogous to style sheets for HTML).

      The <content> element gives the words, sounds, and images associated
      with interface parts to facilitate internationalization or
      customization of UIs to various user groups (e.g., by job role).

      The <behavior> element defines what UI events should be acted on and
      what should be done."

      Some examples of UIML and resulting UI are here:
      http://lumumba.luc.ac.be/~kris/projects/uiml.net/examples/

      /bill pawlak

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail