Back button

  • Lisa Crispin
    Message 1 of 42 , Nov 23, 2004
      How do most people handle problems that could arise from an end user
      clicking the back button? Is there a simple trick? Like not
      putting the page on the history or something?

      We have a new feature where the end user has to go through a series
      of pages. Each page has a sequential list of items, and each item
      has a remove link to remove it. If you remove an item and advance
      to the next page, then use the back button and try to remove another
      item, bad things happen.

      I've worked other places that had solved this problem but I don't
      know how they solved it (magic, as far as I'm concerned).
      Thanks,
      Lisa
      Message 42 of 42 , Dec 2, 2004
        --- In agile-usability@yahoogroups.com, "aacockburn" <acockburn@a...>
        wrote:

        > --- In agile-usability@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Patton"
        <jpatton@a...>
        > wrote:
        > > Things to try:
        > > Capture more durable information in wiki pages. [use the
        > socialtext
        > > wiki set up by Adina Levin? thanks for doing that btw]
        >
        > I'm thinking that the eGroup is good for noisy discussion and back-
        > and-forth, and wiki is good for archiving.

        I think yesterday's weather confirms your thinking.