is anyone familiar with/participating in this conference?

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 17, 2004
      "In the mission of bringing Human Computer Interaction (HCI)and
      Software Engineering (SE)closer together and as a follow up of the
      workshops that have been organized during the last few years, we are
      now planning for the first International Conference on Human-Centered
      Software Engineering http://hci.cs.concordia.ca/www/hcse2005/"

      It's not a conference or group I'm familiar with - but, although not
      about agility in general, the topic seems pertinent. I don't think
      agile development approaches are unique in their [sometimes]
      exclusion of UCD thinking.

      thanks,

      -Jeff
    • Michael Mahemoff
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 17, 2004
        It's great to have a conference about this important topic and I'm
        guessing agile methodologies will be a feature.

        Bridging the HCI-SE gap is a research topic almost as old as the topic
        of HCI itself. One lesson that keeps coming out of this research is the
        need to iterate, and this HCI argument was a factor in the development
        of post-waterfall SE lifecycle models like RUP and the Spiral model. As
        agile methodologies, by definition, have fast feedback at the core, I
        think they have the potential to be far more effective than conventional
        approaches.