Fwd: latest presentation ideas on agile usability?

  • carl myhill
    Message 1 of 4 , May 10 3:46 AM
      Hi

      Im a UXer collaborating with an Agile guru on a talk next week. I wonder if there have been any excellent presentations on the topic recently. The best one i ever saw was by Lynne Miller and the autodesk crew at UPA 2006 and i will reference those little sketches in that paper.

      Does anyone have anything else?

      One idea we've had is to characterise the debate through extremes, so, agile person says, 'you usability people always want to design every pixel up front' etc etc.

      Any thoughts?

      Carl

      --
      User Experience Design
      (http://www.userexperiencedesign.co.uk)

    • Lane Halley
      Message 2 of 4 , May 10 10:32 AM
        Hello Carl!

        Since Lynne and Desiree published "Adapting Usability Investigations for Agile User Centered Design" 2007 http://www.upassoc.org/upa_publications/jus/2007may/agile-ucd.pdf  there has been a lot of material created under the banner of "agile ux" "lean ux" and "balanced team" You may find more current material using those search terms. Check out the twitter hashtags #leanux #agileux and the slideshare accounts of:

        http://www.slideshare.net/jgothelf
        http://www.slideshare.net/jseiden
        http://www.slideshare.net/DesireeSy
        http://www.slideshare.net/johannakollmann
        http://www.slideshare.net/seriouslynow
        http://www.slideshare.net/LaneHalley/

        Desiree and a bunch of the people in the above list collected materials in 2011 after the Balanced Team conference
        http://www.balancedteam.org/balconf-2011-resources/

        There's also the agileuxnyc conference (called leanuxnyc in 2012)
        http://agileuxnyc.com/
        http://leanuxnyc.co/nyc/

        And the upcoming Lean Day: West in Portland
        http://www.leandaywest.com/

        Best wishes!

           -lane
        --
        Lane Halley
        www.lanehalley.com

        --
        Lane Halley
        www.lanehalley.com
        linkedin: http://linkd.in/lanehalley
        twitter: @thinkno
      • dina salah
        Message 3 of 4 , May 13 4:33 AM
          Hi,
          I have organized a workshop on the agile usability earlier this year. Kindly find the power point presentations of most of the workshop sessions in the following link
          http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/AUCDI/resources/
          Cheers,
          Dina

          Message 4 of 4 , May 13 5:45 AM

            Hi, Carl. I hope you’re well.

            There’s an article I wrote a little while back about UCD & XP as a conversation between the two sides. It was published in Cutter Systems Journal, plus there is my more recent article in the Agile Record called User Requirements in the 21st Century which is mostly about Agile. Both have quite a bit of material suitable for talks.

            See http://www.syntagm.co.uk/design/articles.htm#bytopic

            Regards,

            William