Re: [agile-usability] Origins of user stories

  • Gerard Meszaros
    Message 1 of 23 , Mar 27, 2013
      On 3/26/2013 10:03 PM, Adam Sroka wrote:
      > I can't remember who said it or the exact context, but I remember hearing that
      > Ward and Kent really liked using cards for a variety of different things and
      > that when stories came along it was just a natural fit.

      Yes, they used cards for all sorts of purposes including organizing
      presentations by putting each thing they wanted to talk about onto a card. Easy
      to reorganize the content simply by moving the card. Other agilist/OO people
      have adopted this style of presentation "notes" most notably (Uncle) Bob Martin
      (who rarely uses visuals in presentation) and Ron Jeffries (another CCC team
      member.)

      Gerard

      --
      Gerard Meszaros
      Lean/Agile Coach/Mentor/Trainer

      Author of the Jolt Productivity Award winning book "xUnit Test Patterns -
      Refactoring Test Code" and winner of the "Programming with the Stars"
      competition at Agile 2009. Learn more at http://xunitpatterns.com/index.html