RE: [agile-usability] Origins of user stories

  • William Hudson
    Message 1 of 23 , Mar 27 7:09 AM
      Thanks, Larry. Very interesting. Do you know when Rebecca first started
      talking about roles? I have a paper here from Jacobson dated 1987 that
      describes their use in OO development.

      BTW, I wasn't suggesting that designers of information systems should
      thoroughly research roles and their interrelationships. My point is more
      that roles are not a very useful focus of attention in many systems.

      Regards,

      Message 2 of 23 , Mar 27 8:57 AM
        On 3/26/2013 10:03 PM, Adam Sroka wrote:
        > I can't remember who said it or the exact context, but I remember hearing that
        > Ward and Kent really liked using cards for a variety of different things and
        > that when stories came along it was just a natural fit.

        Yes, they used cards for all sorts of purposes including organizing
        presentations by putting each thing they wanted to talk about onto a card. Easy
        to reorganize the content simply by moving the card. Other agilist/OO people
        have adopted this style of presentation "notes" most notably (Uncle) Bob Martin
        (who rarely uses visuals in presentation) and Ron Jeffries (another CCC team
        member.)

        Gerard

        --
        Gerard Meszaros
        Lean/Agile Coach/Mentor/Trainer

        Author of the Jolt Productivity Award winning book "xUnit Test Patterns -
        Refactoring Test Code" and winner of the "Programming with the Stars"
        competition at Agile 2009. Learn more at http://xunitpatterns.com/index.html