Agile Methods in Large Software Projects, and their suitability and scalability

  • jtcagile
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27, 2012
      Hi all,

      After a few years working with sizable software projects, I am trying to understand on how to take Agile methods from small scale implementations to large scale projects where plan based methods dominate, but need the adaption to change that Agile provides. So to this end I have been researching the use of Agile in large software projects.

      For my final assignment on my part-time MBA I am completing a dissertation on Agile Methods in Large Software Projects, and their suitability and scalability. As part of this assignment I need to gather information on the use of Agile in organisations.

      We used a hybrid agile approach, where we split the project into tasks that can be treated as individual agile projects in their own right and we then use an other-arching plan-based structure to control them and ensure co-ordination of effort.

      Below is the survey, if you can get as many people who are involved in Agile to fill it in (Managers, developers etc) it would be a great help! All data is used for my assignment, and nothing will go outside that, the survey is quite general and no personal information is needed.

      I will gladly share the general findings from the survey (data kept private), and hopefully gain a better insight on how to make an exciting and adaptive methodology such as Agile work in the real world of large software projects.

      You can view and complete the online survey here:

      https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGN0NGRuVmkxWVBLbW04dnFuLTE4UFE6MQ

      Many thanks for any help on this
      Regards
      Jonathan Charles