A New Collaborative, Realtime, Team Driven Decision App-Reframer Has Launched!

  • Todd Zaki Warfel
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15, 2011
      Today, we have an endless supply of tools for collecting and analyzing quantitative data, like click events, IP addresses, etc. But that's just the tip of the iceberg for the data we have access to. We don't have a good way to analyze qualitative data, like customer feedback, free text responses in surveys, emails, interviews, and usability test data. Sure, we have things like Google docs, which are collaborative, but they're not designed for analyzing that data, which results in taking a best guess.

      For years, I've wanted a way to quantify the qualitative data we collected during research. I was told it couldn't be done. Well, I've never been one to accept the "we can't do it" attitude. So, a little over a year ago, I set out to create an app that:
      • Aggregated notes from team members in realtime, so we wouldn't have to merge a bunch of spreadsheets ever again
      • Quantified qualitative data based on value and feasibility
      • Identified themes in the data
      • Showed how strong/weak the relationships are in the data so you didn't have to guess

      I wasn't satisfied with a 70% confidence rating in our findings w/2000 lines in a spreadsheet or post-it notes scattered on our walls. I wanted something better.

      Today, we're announcing the launch of our collaborative, realtime, team driven decision app, Reframer. We've been using it for over a year internally and it's been a life changer. We've cut our analysis time by a factor of 8-10 and in the process increased our confidence level in our findings from 70% to 90-95%. We've even been able to track full circle from initial observation through design. We've been able to make data-guided design decisions based on the overall customer/business value and technical feasibility.

      You can find out more about the app, watch a demo video, and sign up at http://getreframer.com

      Cheers!

      Todd Zaki Warfel
      Principal Designer, messagefirst