Impact on the world

  • joshseiden
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2011
      I just love this exchange between William and Robin so much I had to underline it:

      "The value in programming, testing and UX is in having an impact on the world."

      Indeed. Thanks to you both for expressing this so nicely...

      JS

      2a. Re: Agile & UX - interview with VP of Engineering at Mindflash
      Posted by: "Robin Dymond" robin.dymond@... rdymond1
      Date: Fri Mar 4, 2011 6:59 am ((PST))

      Awesome statement:
      "I think it was because releasing that frequently and working so closely
      with people who eagerly studied the impact of their work got them similarly
      interested. Rather than being builders of arbitrary stuff, they were active
      participants in having an impact on the world."

      This is why I care so much about UX, but it seems William and I have very
      different opinions from many on this list. The value in programming,
      testing, and UX is in having an impact on the world. The sooner you
      understand and the better you can measure that impact is THE REASON why
      short cycles, tight collaboration and speed trump long cycles, silos of
      UX/dev/test, and long release cycles.

      Great to hear about You Tube's process. Big names have lots of influence.

      Robin Dymond, CST
      Managing Partner, Innovel, LLC.
      www.innovel.net
      www.scrumtraining.com