Re: Agile Conference

  • Tom Illmensee
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 4, 2011
      I presented at Agile 2009 in Chicago ("5 Users Every Friday: A Case Study in Applied Research").

      This was my first experience at an Agile conference - and it was outstanding, both as a speaker and attendee. The UX program was very practical and inspiring (Jared Spool's keynote "The Dawning of the Age of Experience" and Jeff Patton's talk on "Pragmatic Personas" were among the many highlights).

      As strong as the UX program was, I have to say the best surprise of the conference was what I learned when I stepped outside of my comfort zone.

      Some of my favorite non-UX sessions included:
      • Coach Aikido: Lessons and Support for Abused Coaches in Hostile Environments
      • Aristotle and the Art of Software Development
      • Blitz Planning
      • Angela Martin's research on Agile culture and process.
      Agile topics at UX-focused conferences like UPA and IxDA's Interaction are often excellent, too. But attending the Agile conference gave me exposure to a wider range of topics and challenged me to think about Agile principles from other perspectives.

      Highly recommended.

      Tom Illmensee
      Senior Interaction Designer, SnagAJob.com