Re: [agile-usability] Re: UX roadmap development guidance for product owners

  • Robin Dymond
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 4, 2011
      What is a UX road map?

      When I think of product road maps it is usually because a sales guy wants to know what we will be building in 2014 so he can go pitch the future to a customer. Except the future has a way of changing that seems to surprise customers who have been sold a vision of the future. After the rise of facebook, the decline of Nokia, the rise of Android, the decline of Windows Mobile, the rise of Twitter, the decline of Yahoo etc. etc. you would hope that people would start to understand that the future is rather unpredictable, in both a macro and micro scale.

      Robin Dymond, CST
      Managing Partner, Innovel, LLC.
      www.innovel.net
      www.scrumtraining.com
      Americas: (804) 239-4329
      Europe: +32 489 674 366

      On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 7:53 PM, Jon Innes <jinnes@...> wrote:

      I've been following this thread. I have to agree with Hugh and others here about the importance of user stories not being "fiction".

      If you're in a B2B or IT space, I just got interviewed by a VC by the name of Bruce Cleveland. He was an exec and early employee at Oracle and Siebel and remains very active in Silicon Valley. We discuss the challenges you might face in your projects. You can read the interview at:

      http://www.interwest.com/rolling-thunder/on-demand/more-on-user-experience-an-interview-with-jon-innes/