Re: Use cases, personas, goals and scenario s - is there any conflict really?

  • aacockburn
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 21 7:33 AM
      --- In agile-usability@yahoogroups.com, "Myhill, Carl S (GE Energy)"
      <carl.myhill@p...> wrote:
      > first stage of the design vision (wireframe). ...if you were
      > building a house, the design vision (wireframe) would show you what
      the
      > rooms are, roughly how big they are, and which ones are next to
      which other
      > ones - it would not show you all the details of those rooms, nor
      the exact
      > dimensions.
      >
      > So, the level of wireframe sketch I am talking about at layer 4
      aims to show
      > the coarse structure of the product and the main areas of it.

      This sounds like what I was calling the screen flows - how they all
      are connected. But I haven't noticed you or Joshua using the phrase
      screen flows or anything like that - is there some other way you
      refer to them?

      > At layer 5, more detailed wireframe screen pictures illustrating the
      > interaction design are produced alongside detailed use cases
      (Interaction
      > Designer and Developer collaborate on such).

      I would agree, except that the part you put in parentheses makes me
      wonder if your use cases are somehow a technical design document... I
      can't particularly see why the Developer would be writing the use
      cases (though it in fact often happens). Can you say what you see
      inside the use case?

      thanks - Alistair