Re: [agile-usability] Re: Integrated Usability in Agile teams from the trenches :)

    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 17, 2011
      On 02/16/2011 05:38 AM, Robin Dymond wrote:
      I simply don't see a difference between the contributions of UI, dev,
      test, db, etc. I could make persuasive arguments that would emphasize
      the importance of any of these activities over the others. The reality
      is we need all of these activities together to deliver excellent
      products.

      Yes!

      I used to have a collection of diagrams that showed the proper relationship between different specialties on a software project. They were made by all sorts of people.

      As you would expect, the diagrams varied wildly. But they had one thing in common: the author's specialty was the most special. Maybe they were central. Maybe they came first. Maybe they got final approval. Maybe all of those! But their basic point was that if only they were in charge, everything would go swimmingly.

      I say it's all bunk, and that whole projects require whole teams.