Re: [agile-usability] Transitioning to UX

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 7, 2010
      Hi Gene,

      Thanks for posting - some interesting questions.

      On 6 Dec 2010, at 14:58, pianomann81 wrote:

      [snip]
      > The problems I am facing are these: How do I redefine the WD role as more of UX role? Can it be done, or do I need to advocate for a separate role to be created and staffed, and how would that look?
      [snip]

      You've got a good goal - getting UX issues addressed earlier in the process. It might be easier to think about the skills and practices that are needed to get that happening - rather than immediately thinking of roles.

      Once you have a list of skills and practices that you want to introduce earlier in the process, you may find that there are easier ways of introducing them than by looking at a single individuals role.

      For example - I've had great success in the past with getting the whole team involved in usability tests - developers included - rather than assigning one particular individual as the "usability" person.

      [snip]

      I seem to be pointing people to this a lot recently - but you might find Jeff Gothelf's presentation on the agile/ux transition at theladders of interest (http://is.gd/ikKUq).