Job Opportunity: Usability Analyst (Boulder, CO)

  • Laura
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 15, 2010
      ***All applicants must apply directly through our Career Portal at http://www.rallydev.com/careers.***

      Rally provides software-driven enterprises a complete solution of knowledge, coaching and tooling to succeed with Agile, the next generation of software development practices. Rally currently support 2,100 customers, 58,000 projects and 96,000 users in 60 countries.

      By joining the User Experience team at Rally, you will be involved in ensuring a high level of usability in new product features and enhancements in a fast-paced agile environment. You will serve as a customer advocate, ensuring that Rally's software offerings are useful, usable, and desirable via a thorough understanding and practice of the user centered design process. You will work closely with product marketing, product management, product development and Rally's users. You will be involved in all steps in the product design process from conceptualization, user interviews, detailed user interface, interaction design, through implementation and usability testing. At Rally, we don't believe a usable product can be built without reviewing at the whole experience. You will demonstrate initiative by talking with end users about their experience and aggregating your findings into concrete recommendations to the product team in terms of standards, navigation, consistency and overall user experience vision.

      Rally is an ideal environment for conducting user experience work. We have incredible access to our users for interviews and testing. Our Software-as-a-Service delivery allows you to run beta programs to gain important insights prior to deploying designs to all users. Our weekly releases also allow us to react quickly to user feedback.

      Qualifications
      • 2+ years experience in a commercial software product company with experience in web application user experience.
      • BA/BS or MA/MS degree preferred in Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Industrial Design, Cognitive Psychology, or a related field or demonstrated comparable experience.
      • Mastery of user centered design principles and practices.
      • Experience conducting quantitative and qualitative usability testing.
      • Self-starter that is able to work both independently as well as collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
      • Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and listening).
      • Excellent organization skills with proven ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and to adjust to frequent changes in project priorities.
      • Knowledge in interaction design and information architecture disciplines.
      • Experience with remote usability testing techniques and tools.
      • Awareness of trends and best practices in the user experience field.

      Nice to Have
      • Experience in creating wireframes, visual mockups, graphics, and user workflows.
      • Knowledge of international and accessibility design considerations.
      • Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Visio/OmniGraffle and other prototyping tools.
      • CSS, HTML, JavaScript skills.
      • Agile experience.

      We are looking for people who are passionate about the software industry and want to work with the best and brightest. We value teamwork and the ability to make and meet commitments as well as skill and a successful track record. We strive for a healthy, productive work/life balance, while enjoying the opportunity to substantially contribute to the direction and success of a vibrant software business. Rally offers excellent compensation, benefits, and stock options with an exceptional opportunity to grow.

      Location: Boulder, Colorado (we will consider candidates who are seriously interested in relocating to Boulder)

      If it sounds like you might thrive in an environment like this, we'd like to hear from you.
      All applicants must apply directly through our Career Portal at www.rallydev.com/careers.

      EEO employer