RE: [agile-usability] Lack of trust in User Testing

  • Margaret Motamed
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 13, 2010

      Hi William – I think you are right on target with your advice. I am (servant) leading an agile transformation right now and the sharing of real experiences has been key to encouraging people to give the new ideas a fair try.

      The book Influencer (http://www.vitalsmarts.com/influencer_book.aspx)  talks about this approach of sharing case studies and stories. One of the influence strategies is to expose people to believable models that are behaving in the way that you are promoting. This can be thru believable case studies, stories, peers, etc.  This provides Social Motivation (one of 6 influence strategies – the book has 6 strategies – definitely worth a look).

      Margaret

      | fledgling blog www.agiledreamer.com  |

      On Saturday, March 13, 2010 6:56 AM, William Pietri wrote:
      >If you read enough business books, you'll note that many of them are
      >built around narrative. Case studies, anecdotes, even entirely fake
      >stories about people in business situations. It doesn't do a lot for me;
      >I like theory and data. But eventually I trusted that those authors knew
      >their audience, and stole their approach.

      Confidentiality notice: This message may contain confidential information. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not that person, you should not use this message. We request that you notify us by replying to this message, and then delete all copies including any contained in your reply. Thank you.