Innovation Games Practitioner Class NY April 6-7

  • Lane
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8, 2010
      Hello friends,

      My friend Luke Hohmann is sponsoring a great workshop in New York April 6-7. I am a huge fan of Innovation Games and consider them an essential part of my Agile/UX toolkit. I've written a few articles about these techniques for the Cooper Journal. Check it out here if you're curious about it. http://www.cooper.com/journal/lane_halley/

      More information and registration http://innovationgamesnyny.eventbrite.com/

      You can use the code "Friends_of_Lane" for $100 off registration.

      Details below…

      ---
      Innovation Games®:
      Creating Breakthrough Products Through Collaborative Play:
      A two-day interactive class based on the material found in the book of the same name. Used by corporations such as SAP, Intuit, Qualcomm, Emerson Climate Technologies, Wyse Technologies and AirTransportIT, Innovation Games® have been featured in Software Development magazine and Soft*Letter, numerous blogs and conferences.
      Description
      Modern product development practices, especially those that focus on innovative products and services, place great emphasis on having development teams work directly with customers. This is good news, for the foundation of innovation is a genuine understanding of your customers, and then using this understanding to create more effective ways of solving their problems.

      This course tackles the challenge of developing customer understanding head on by providing you with a fresh perspective on how to use a variety of games with your customers to develop the understanding that forms the foundation of innovation. You'll find that if you use them, you'll come to understand what your customers really want. You'll have fun doing it. Perhaps more importantly, they'll have fun doing it. Armed with this understanding, you'll be able to create the breakthrough, innovative products that are the foundation of lasting success.
      This course covers in-person and online games and includes sections on facilitation and presentation skills, how to structure engagements, and how to manage clients.

      Target Audience
      Product managers, marketing managers, software engineers, market research professionals.
      Registration and more information

      Thanks!

      Lane Halley
      User Experience