Fwd: Early Bird Ends 2/22; Philly Event: Linda Rising, Mary Poppendieck, Venkat Subramaniam...

  • Jon Kern
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12, 2010
      Hi Philly Agilists!

      A few weeks ago we announced that Early Bird registration was open for
      the Philly Emerging Tech Conference, set for April 8 and 9, at the
      Sheraton Society Hill, near South Street and Old City.

      Since then the abstracts for the Agile talks have been posted on the
      Philly Emerging Tech website(www.phillyemergingtech.com).

      The talks are --

      Bonnie Aumann: Are your Developers BSing you?

      Jon Kern: Airplanes and Application Development? What I Learned from
      Aircraft Design

      Brian Marick: I Think I Finally Understand Mocks

      Robert "Uncle Bob" Martin: Bad Code, Craftsmanship, Engineering, and
      Certification (keynote); Agility and Architecture (session)

      Mary Poppendieck: Cost Center Disease

      Linda Rising: Deception and Estimation: How We Fool Ourselves

      Venkat Subramaniam: Creating Multithreaded Code using TDD

      Audrey Troutt: Influencing Your Way to Agile

      Talks about a diverse array of languages and technologies will
      complement the Agile content at this exceptionally high quality, but
      reasonably priced event. The program includes Clojure creator Rich
      Hickey; Twitter API platform lead Alex Payne (author of Programming
      Scala); and Ruby on Rails core team member Yehuda Katz. In all, more
      than 4 dozen speakers will cover topics ranging from iPhone
      development to Google Wave to alternatives to relational databases
      like MongoDB.

      The Early Bird rate, extended through February 22, is $275 per person.

      The rate goes down to $206 per person if you can take advantage of the
      group discount (4 colleagues or friends, not necessarily from the same
      company, registering at the same time).

      The speaker roster can be viewed here:
      http://www.phillyemergingtech.com/speakers
      <http://www.phillyemergingtech.com/speakers>