Post-Doc Positions on agile methods, interaction design, digital surfaces

  • frankomaurer
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2010
      I am currently looking for a post doc in the areas of agile methods, API usability, interaction design and digital surfaces. The job is described in the advertisement below (and we have additional positions available with some of my colleagues).

      Feel free to distribute the posting to anybody that might be interested in such a position.

      Frank

      ---
      Dr Frank Maurer
      Department of Computer Science
      University of Calgary
      http://ase.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/Frank.Maurer

      Post-Doc Positions Available at NSERC SurfNet
      The SurfNet Network http://nserc-surfnet.ca/ is a Canadian research alliance of academic researchers, industry partners, and government collaborators. The goal of SurfNet is to improve the development, performance, and usability of software applications for surface computing environments: nontraditional digital display surfaces including multi-touch screens, tabletops, and wall-sized displays. SurfNet combines research in human computer interaction and software engineering to collaboratively develop application prototypes with industrial partners.
      SurfNet researchers come from the University of Calgary (host), Carleton, McGill, Queens, UBC, University of Saskatchewan, and the University of Waterloo. SurfNet is funded as a strategic network from NSERC.
      Several post-doc positions are available in the SurfNet Network. Areas of interest include:
      * Digital tables and wall-sized displays
      * Multi-touch environments
      * Multi-display environments
      * Application engineering for surface-based applications
      * Agile software engineering
      * Interaction design and usability engineering for digital surfaces
      Available positions will be aligned with the research of the principal investigator (Dr Maurer) or one of the SurfNet research themes: Application Interface Design for Surfaces (led by Drs Carpendale and Scott), Agile Processes for Surface Apllication Development (led by Drs Biddle and Schneider) and Software Architecture and Design for Surface Applications (led by Drs Graham and Gutwin).