This list and you
- In the other thread, there's a theme I'd like to address. One relevant to all participants, especially the lurkers.
If people would like something to be discussed, I submit that waiting for other people to make it happen is unlikely to produce the desired results. Some ways you can start out a discussion here:
- share a positive experience
- ask a question
- point out something mysterious
- describe a need you have
- tell us about a problem your project is having
- note some relevant news
- share something you've learned
- challenge us to improve the state of the art in some specific way
- review a tool
The content of a mailing list is made up of what people post. If you personally want different content, then make it, ask for it, or start a discussion you think will lead to it. Or if you'd like people to shut up about something, then by all means ask for that too. (Perhaps off list.) But that will probably go better if you've provided some positive alternatives first.