Re: [agile-usability] Linkedin Group on Agile and UX

  • Marius van Dam
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 6, 2010
      They certainly do use LinkedIn: the group grew from 2 to 33 members in a few hours.

      My 2 cents on 'Agile Project Managers':

      I'm a PM myself but essentially the PM model and the Agile model are different worlds. They are not necessarily incompatible though. A large project for a new online photo printing service could very well be managed using Prince2 (or similar) where different teams report to the project manager. The development of the supporting web app could be done using Scrum. While the set up of the photo printing facility is managed in a more traditional waterfall manner.

      Of course there is also another way by using the Scrum of Scrum, but I wonder if Scrum if fit for setting up a photo printing facility.

      Anyhow in an Agile environment the traditional PM will have to adapt hence the term 'Agile Project Management/Manager'. (not sure if anyone has this on his business card though)

      Regards,

      Marius van Dam

      YouAreHere, weblog on UX+Agile - http://www.youarehere.nl

      2010/1/5 Jared Spool <jspool@...>

      On Jan 5, 2010, at 1:49 PM, William Pietri wrote:

      On 01/05/2010 05:21 AM, mariusvandam wrote:
      > [...] it's a subgroup of the 'Agile Project Managers' group. [...]

      This is a bit of a digression, but what does an Agile project manager do?

      Apparently, they use LinkedIn.

      Jared

      --
      Met vriendelijke groet,