Re: [agile-usability] Re: UX books for programmers

  • Robert Gravina
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 12, 2010
      2009/12/30 hackerchick <haxrchick@...>
       > I'll also check out Designing Interfaces and Designing the Obvious.
        I know the latter is meant for web apps, but I wonder - with the
      newer development technologies like WPF and Adobe Air if the
      distinction between desktop applications & web applications is really
      starting to blur because we're not restricted to traditional windows
      conventions?

      I read through Designing Interfaces over a week or so and found it
      *excellent* and was just what I was looking for. The main reason for
      this is that the author has created a catalouge of patterns for UIs
      spanning web, desktop and mobile, much like we have design patterns
      for software. I feel like now I can look at a UI problem and have
      somewhere to start, and know of examples of real-world applications
      which tackle the same problem (or similar problems) in similar ways. I
      feel one step closer to being able to create great interfaces, and not
      just recognise them. It's a good book... thanks to Tim for
      recommending it!

      Robert