Re: [agile-usability] Would goal-directed thinking invent something new?

  • Petteri Hiisilä
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 12, 2004
      > 3. John would need a little widget that he can carry around. The widget
      > contains his presentation. At the client's site he's (as almost always)
      > given a permission to use the semi-public laptop and projector. He
      > connects the widget into laptop and the presentation starts right away.
      > He can now disconnect the widget and remotely change slides with it.
      > When he's done, he presses the "done" button in the widget and the
      > laptop is like it was before his visit.

      I checked if that was already invented. It was! It's protected by three
      US patents, others pending.

      http://www.rppresenter.com/

      "RemotePoint Global Presenter"

      "Interlink Electronics will unveil its new RemotePoint Presenter, a $199
      remote with slideshow controls, a laser pointer and a remote mouse.
      Best of all, its receiver unit, which plugs into a USB port, has 32MB of
      storage, letting you save a PowerPoint file..."

      Bollocks.

      - Petteri