Re: [agile-usability] Agile vs. Creativity

  • Ron Jeffries
    Message 1 of 118 , Dec 6, 2009
      Hello, Mike. On Sunday, December 6, 2009, at 11:31:34 AM, you
      wrote:

      > At the same time people with no clue, who insist thinking their
      > opinion has equal weight as a professional, can elicit the same
      > response from most sainted practitioner.

      There are no people with no clue. And the person with the money,
      however p-clued, needs to be treated with respect.

      Ron Jeffries
      www.XProgramming.com
      www.xprogramming.com/blog
      Those who attain to any excellence commonly spend life in some single
      pursuit, for excellence is not often gained upon easier terms.
      -- Samuel Johnson
    • mark schraad
      Message 118 of 118 , Dec 10, 2009
        I've been called pedantic on occasion. I'm ok with that ; )

        On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 6:56 PM, Jeff Patton <jpatton@...> wrote:

        On Dec 6, 2009, at 12:22 AM, mark schraad wrote:

        Jeff,

        I run with a few definitions of design. When Alan Cooper (I can hear the cackles rise) came to talk with us a while back he spoke of differentiating the design of code (structure), from the design of the application, which is of course much different that designing labels and graphics for functionality.

        For me separating different kinds of design starts to get a bit tedious.  When you think about it, it's like night and day - which although you can tell me to the second when sunrise or sunset is, it's a pretty academic discussion when it's still light outside.  OK, bad metaphor - my point is that all design decision run together.  They just do.  Giving precise definitions for one type or another doesn't seem to help people make better decisions in practice.

        Reading "the oatmeal" has put me in a strange mood.  Yes I am the mother-f**ing pterodactyl: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/ptero