hybrid techniques

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2004
      I'm looking for folks out there who've altered usability techniques to
      better fit them into an agile context... even better combined them with
      techniques that weren't originally usability or user centered design
      techniques.

      For instance there's a model I've consistently used I call a span plan. It
      uses the concept of a system span I first found in the Poppendiek's Lean
      Software Development, the card based release planning approach I learned
      from a Ron Jeffries in a planning tutorial, and a task model from
      Constantine & Lockwood's Usage-Centered design. Understanding and
      leveraging these three ideas was critical to creating a new technique that
      helps me find opportunities for best incremental releases. [in way of
      shameless self promotion, you can read specifics on that model in Alistair
      Cockburn's book on Crystal Clear out this month, an article in Better
      Software - December I think - or why wait - attend the OOPSLA tutorial at
      the end of the month!]

      Are there UCD/usability practitioners that have been working in highly
      collaborative agile environments from a while and adapted or combined
      techniques to fit? Can you say anything more about them?

      Thanks for any ideas or comments you might have,

      "Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."
      -- PABLO PICASSO