Re: Agile and Academia

  • rasmus4200
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 26, 2009
      Hi Anders,

      Very interesting article. I agree with the premise of what you are saying but I would add it goes even much deeper than that.

      Our institutions have been separating roles and responsibilities for many many years. BA, QA, developer, PM, UX etc has been the traditional way projects have been developed for decades.

      And every time we form agile teams in large organizations we come up against that baked in calcification of roles and responsiblities (I am responsible for these, they do that).

      The evidence comment is interesting because it very hard to prove anything when it comes to productivity and software. All we have is anecdotal evidence. My experience against yours. And I actually kind of find it refreshing for someone to say waterfall has worked for them because in my experience is completely the opposite, and this is the first person I have heard in a long time say they like waterfall.

      But I agree with your original assertion, and I am encourage that institutions like Carnegie Mellon are working towards more cross functional disciplines.

      Thanks for sharing. That was a great post.

      Cheers - Jonathan