Nielsen on Agile User Experience

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 4, 2009
      I thought folks here would be interested in this:

      http://www.useit.com/alertbox/agile-user-experience.html

      William
    • Larry Constantine
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 4, 2009

        William,

        Thanks for the reminder. I had looked at the earlier report, and the follow-up nicely reinforces and refines the findings. It is gratifying to find Jakob concluding what Lucy and I have been preaching for the last 7-8 years, particularly about the importance of a coherent UI architecture worked out in advance.

        --Larry Constantine, IDSA, ACM Fellow
          Professor | Department of Mathematics and Engineering
          University of Madeira | Funchal , Portugal
          Director | Laboratory for Usage-centered Software Engineering | www.LabUSE.org
          Chief Scientist, Constantine & Lockwood Ltd
          58 Kathleen Circle | Rowley , MA 01969
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 4, 2009
          I just wanted to point the group to another excellent resource for managing & executing design within an Agile environment.

          The presentation is by my former coworkers Amy Kargen and Casandra Swint. The presentation from UPA 2009 is titled "Life in the Fast Lane: Merging Interaction Design onto the Agile Superhighway".

          I can't find the presentation on the interwebz but I'll ping them to share it with the group.

          Regards,
          Paul Sherman

          On Nov 4, 2009, at 12:57 PM, Larry Constantine wrote:

          William,

          Thanks for the reminder. I had looked at the earlier report, and the follow-up nicely reinforces and refines the findings. It is gratifying to find Jakob concluding what Lucy and I have been preaching for the last 7-8 years, particularly about the importance of a coherent UI architecture worked out in advance.

          --Larry Constantine, IDSA, ACM Fellow
            Professor | Department of Mathematics and Engineering
            University of Madeira | Funchal , Portugal
            Director | Laboratory for Usage-centered Software Engineering | www.LabUSE.org
            Chief Scientist, Constantine & Lockwood Ltd
            58 Kathleen Circle | Rowley , MA 01969
          I thought folks here would be interested in this:

          http://www.useit. com/alertbox/ agile-user- experience. html

          William

        • Lacroix, Eric
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 6, 2009

            I’m quite interested into that one. If anyone figure out a link to the presentation I will greatly appreciate.

            Cheers,

            Eric.