Re: New To Usability - Trying To Learn & Define Standards

  • alochka
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 2, 2009
      The answer is always "it depends" (on business goals, users, constraints), it kind of sounds to me like you are looking for a pattern library?

      I would recommend the following resources:
      1) Yahoo Design Pattern Library: http://developer.yahoo.com/ypatterns/
      2) A book called, Designing Interfaces: http://designinginterfaces.com/

      Regarding adherence, that really depends on the culture of your organization and how many people are behind this initiative. I would recommend first figuring out IF setting up guidelines is really the solution to your core problem, and if so how will you communicate the guidelines to others when they are completed? The best way to figure this out is to just talk to people about their thoughts, and also observe how they currently do their work.

      Hope this helps!