Re: [agile-usability] Valuing stories

  • Hassan Schroeder
    Message 1 of 53 , Sep 6, 2009
      On Sat, Sep 5, 2009 at 8:31 PM, William Pietri<william@...> wrote:

      > .... In fact, teams are doing design all the time. The choice
      > isn't between designing and not designing; it's between designing well
      > and designing poorly.

      Or between designing consciously and designing unconsciously,
      the latter being fairly close to "not designing" :-)

      --
      Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder@...
      twitter: @hassan
      Message 53 of 53 , Sep 11, 2009
        On 6 Sep 2009, at 21:27, Hassan Schroeder wrote:

        > On Sat, Sep 5, 2009 at 8:31 PM, William Pietri<william@...>
        > wrote:
        >
        >> .... In fact, teams are doing design all the time. The choice
        >> isn't between designing and not designing; it's between designing
        >> well
        >> and designing poorly.
        >
        > Or between designing consciously and designing unconsciously,
        > the latter being fairly close to "not designing" :-)

        I think that they're probably an orthogonal dimensions myself. I've
        met people who make very good decisions about the design of the code/
        ux - but are not really able to articulate the reasoning behind them
        very well.

        This can be problematical since their decisions can sound arbitrary to
        others - even when they're really good decisions.

        http://quietstars.com - twitter.com/adrianh - delicious.com/adrianh