JOB: Interaction Designer, Brooklyn NY USA
- HUGE is hiring Interaction Designers who are obsessed
with building great software.
Interaction designers at HUGE work on really
challenging problems on the web, on the desktop, and at
the intersection of the two. You will conduct and
synthesize user research, create interaction design
frameworks, and collaborate with the fantastic
designers at HUGE to see the design all the way through
to detailed pixel specifications.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Help determine a product's mandate, feature set, and
* Participate in field work and user testing
* Develop user personas, scenarios of use, interaction
models and detailed behavioral specifications
* Create wireframes and functional prototypes
* Document feature behavior in loving, painstaking
* Collaborate with HUGE teammates, HUGE clients, and
third parties to ensure that your solutions excel in
every possible way
* Proven, hands-on ability to apply the methodologies
of interaction design to software development, and to
generate designs that deliver power and pleasure to
* 2+ years experience designing and documenting windows
applications or large-scale web-based applications,
involving detailed design schematics
* Tendency to lose sleep over how to remove the need
for "Cancel" buttons.
* Proven ability to multi-task
* Solid writing and visual communication skills
* A copy of Alan Cooper's "About Face 2.0", parts of
which you can quote from memory
Note: this position is not suitable for people who are
primarily Graphic Designers, Web Designers, Usability
Analysts, or Information Architects without experience
in application design. We value those roles--and you'll
be expected to collaborate with these folk--but we're
looking for an Interaction Designer for this role.
Salary according to the clarity and brilliance of the
product specifications and designs in your portfolio.
This position is located in Brooklyn, NY, USA.
For more information about HUGE, see