Deadline approaching: Using User Research (27 October, Berkeley CA)

  • Nancy Frishberg
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27, 2009
      [Apologies for cross-posting.  We're aiming to get the word out widely.]

      Please join us in Berkeley, California, on October 27 for the workshop "Using User Research" as part of the ACM's Creativity and Cognition 2009.

      Using User Research is a full day workshop at CC09. The workshop will address questions about use, role, methods and scope of user research, and no doubt generate more questions, through gathering and exploring case studies of user research in use, mapping best practices and lessons learned, and stimulating a community of practitioners keen to work together in the future to extend this initial exploratory work and address the challenge of improving the use of user research.

      Prepare a brief (500 word) "user case study" including your role, and research results in product, service or system design.  Send your case study to researchforcreativity@... by August 30.  We are interested in successful and unsuccessful design projects, and "good" or "bad" examples of user research and its uses.  You may be an enthusiastic proponent of user research's contribution to design, a skeptic or "on the fence".  For inspiration, consider the conference theme of "everyday creativity."

      Workshop details:  http://sites.google.com/site/userresearchforcreativity/
      Conference details: http://www.creativityandcognition09.org/index.htm

      (Participation in the workshop does NOT require registration in the 3 conference days following.  You may be interested in the venue, evening events and other program highlights.)

       -- Nancy

      Nancy Frishberg +1 650 804 5800 mobile