RE: [agile-usability] Looking for Training Suggestions

  • Kristen Johansen
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 10, 2009

      Beth –

      I’ll second Bill’s recommendation.  Jeff Patton came and did an on-site training for my product managers and UX designers last year, and he was great to work with.  We were able to customize his course offering to cover what was important for us, and after doing the training he made himself available to help folks on different teams with problems they were having.  Also, his rates were quite reasonable, especially compared to some others we talked to.

      I highly recommend him!

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 10, 2009
        Hi Beth,

        I will second William's recommendation.
        I have experienced Jeff's training, both his "Agile Product Design" class as well as custom training onsite at AboutUs.org. I can't possibly give my experiences with Jeff high enough praise. He changed how I approach software projects personally and his leadership reshaped how we built out product at AboutUs.org.

        Good Luck,
        BJ Clark

        bickey_bailey wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I lead a UX team and we are embarking on our first agile project. I'm interested in getting some training for my staff. I'm looking specifically for training in writing users stories but would also like to here suggestions for UX in Agile in general (as user stories are likely to be covered).
        >
        > Because I have some staff who are unable to travel, it would be great to hear about online courses and on-site training/consultant s.
        >
        > Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Beth LaPensee
        > www.jstor.org

      • y2chuck
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 10, 2009
          I'll third that recommendation. I took Jeff's one day bootcamp on Agile Product Design and found it to be extremely valuable.

          I've used the techniques learned multiple times now and regardless of job title, people understand it very well right off the bat.

          --- In agile-usability@yahoogroups.com, Kristen Johansen <kristen.johansen@...> wrote:

          > Beth -
          >
          > I'll second Bill's recommendation. Jeff Patton came and did an on-site training for my product managers and UX designers last year, and he was great to work with. We were able to customize his course offering to cover what was important for us, and after doing the training he made himself available to help folks on different teams with problems they were having. Also, his rates were quite reasonable, especially compared to some others we talked to.
          >
          > I highly recommend him!

        • Anders Ramsay
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 22, 2009
            I guess I'm fourthing the previous recommendations of taking Jeff's
            workshop. I sat in on a dry-run of his new Passionate Product Owner
            workshop and shared some thoughts about it on my blog:
            http://is.gd/2tN09