[Event] UX Brighton film night on Tuesday 9th June. All welcome!

  • Harry
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2009
      (cross posted)

      If any of you fancy coming to a film night on tuesday (9th June) in Brighton (UK), you are most welcome.

      We've dug up an old copy of "The Social Life of Small Urban Spaces"  - it's a documentary by William H Whyte, a US researcher who carried out some really interesting observational studies in the early '70s, looking into why certain city plazas and squares are popular spots, and why others aren't. Aside from the immediate link to urban planning, there are broader implications that can be drawn regarding architecture in the digital world and the facilitation of social interaction. (More info here: http://uxbrighton.org.uk/ )

      It's going to be small, friendly and informal. Come along and we can discuss the finer points over a pint.

      When: 6.45pm, this tuesday (9th June)
      Where: The eagle, Brighton (http://is.gd/NzKv)
      Price: Free, but please book your seat: http://is.gd/NzNp

      --