Re: Julie wants to add you as a friend :)

  • Anders Ramsay
    Message 1 of 3 , May 26, 2009
      Is anyone else receiving these?  Never heard of Grouply and based on the fact they ask you to enter your yahoo id and password and a bit if Googling of "Grouply", looks it is a phishing/address book spamming app, and possible identity theft scam.  I could be wrong, but would recommend anyone else receiving a message like this to ignore it.

      On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 9:56 PM, julie chickering <jchickering@...> wrote:
      We share the agile-usability group. I want to add you as a friend in Grouply so you can see my profile with my pictures, my groups, and my favorite group messages.

      Here is the link:
      http://www.grouply.com/register?r=3108105&vt=75439099 .

      Julie

      Grouply, 495 Seaport Court, Suite 103, Redwood City, CA 94063

    • Sue Heim
      Message 2 of 3 , May 26, 2009
        I've gotten them and immediately deleted them. At one point I think they were legitimate but dunno any more. Either way if Julie wanted to be you friend she should have asked you! :)

        ...sue

        From: Anders Ramsay <andersr@...>

        Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 02:08:02
        To: <agile-usability@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: [agile-usability] Re: Julie wants to add you as a friend :)

        On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 9:56 PM, julie chickering <jchickering@... <mailto:jchickering@...> > wrote:
        We share the agile-usability group. I want to add you as a friend in Grouply so you can see my profile with my pictures, my groups, and my favorite group messages.

        Here is the link:
        http://www.grouply.com/register?r=3108105&vt=75439099 <http://www.grouply.com/register?r=3108105&vt=75439099> .

        Julie

        ====================
        Block Grouply Invites <mailto:blocklist@...?subject=unsubscribe-Lj0jl7kR8Tbp9YSNNJtQbdAwhBZv3KGGh7cs5k6QzWylFiGGw%252FwE6A%253D%253D&body=Please+send+this+email+without+making+any+changes+to+the+Subject%2C+and+your+address+will+be+added+to+the+Grouply+Block+List.> | Mark as SPAM <mailto:blocklist@...?subject=unsubscribe-Lj0jl7kR8Tbp9YSNNJtQbdAwhBZv3KGGh7cs5k6QzWylFiGGw%252FwE6A%253D%253D&body=Please+send+this+email+without+making+any+changes+to+the+Subject%2C+and+your+address+will+be+added+to+the+Grouply+Block+List.>

        To block all emails from Grouply, click here <mailto:blocklist@...?subject=unsubscribe-Lj0jl7kR8Tbp9YSNNJtQbdAwhBZv3KGGh7cs5k6QzWylFiGGw%252FwE6A%253D%253D&body=Please+send+this+email+without+making+any+changes+to+the+Subject%2C+and+your+address+will+be+added+to+the+Grouply+Block+List.> or send an email to blocklist@... <mailto:blocklist@...> with subject "unsubscribe-Lj0jl7kR8Tbp9YSNNJtQbdAwhBZv3KGGh7cs5k6QzWylFiGGw%2FwE6A%3D%3D".

        Grouply, 495 Seaport Court, Suite 103, Redwood City, CA 94063
      • Andrew Boyd
        Message 3 of 3 , May 27, 2009
          Anders,

          I get these via half a dozen groups. I treat them as spam.

          Cheers, Andrew

          --
          ---
          Andrew Boyd