Re: [agile-usability] Is your right brain active?

  • Tim Wright
    Message 1 of 16 , May 15, 2009
      Alternatively, MB only measures 4 aspects of personality - and there are lots of others (boiling humans sown to four opposing poles does seem strange).

      From a research perspective (I used to work for a psychometrics firm that has been published in the Journal of Applied Psychology), one of the key problems with MB is that it is a forced-choice type result - people have to choose between two results (E or I, etc). There are several problems with this:

      1. people might prefer something else
      2. it measures preference rather than strength

      Despite this, I had the understanding that MB was based on decent (well, decent in those decades ago) research. Larry - do you have references about the problems with it?

      This is also far off topic for this group - who wants to take the discussion off-line? Flick me an email and we can continue (I find personality and behavioral testing fascinating!)

      On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 4:34 AM, Jon Kern <jonkern@...> wrote:
      Interesting Larry...

      I have been subjected to numerous of these...
      MB (ENTP)
      MB-offshoot that I took with a therapist friend
      and a few others...

      Oft-times, my own results are a teeter-tottering between two poles. In
      one test, the instructor said most people align either in a vertical
      column or along the horizontal row -- I was on the diagonal <g>. In
      another, I was a strong Quick-Start, yet would take deep dives in being
      Data Driven.

      I just figured it was because I was weird... but maybe it was more due
      to the inability of the systems to fully describe my "type?"

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to: