Re: [agile-usability] Scrum and UCD

  • sigbackup
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 5, 2009
      Hi Linda,
      unfortunately I don't have an answer for you right now. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to include UCD within the Agile methodology I use to optimize processes (from my point of view software is not the goal but the mean).
      However I would like to suggest you some interesting websites and articles:

      http://www.uie.com/events/uiconf/2008/seminars/patton/  (on the right column you can find a good article and the inteview with Jeff Patton about this topic)

      Hope this helps.

      PS Let us know how your thesis is going on ...

      Sig

      2009/3/4 linda.hellman <linda.hellman@...>

      Hi,
      I'm writing my Master's Thesis at the moment and in my Thesis I'm trying to find the biggest problems between the two methods and then to integrate Scrum and UCD and create new user-centered Scrum.
      My Thesis is based on literature about integrating user-centered design and agile methods. My Thesis is almost ready and at the moment I am starting to introduce my process to one software project where I am the UE designer.

      I would like hear from You, what kind of actual troubles and problems You have had when using both Scrum and User-Centered Design?
      And what advantages has the use of both methods brought to the project?

      Waiting for your opinions,
      Linda.