RE: [agile-usability] Re: Question_Agile Process_ UIE Virtual Seminar

  • Mike Dwyer
    Message 1 of 64 , Mar 11, 2009

      Amen to this

      Mike Dwyer
      Principal, Agile Coach

      BigVisible Solutions
      url:    http://www.bigvisible.com

      cell:   (978) 376-4422

      email: mdwyer@...

      From: Adrian Howard [mailto:adrianh@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 1:08 PM
      To: agile-usability@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [agile-usability] Re: Question_Agile Process_ UIE Virtual Seminar

      On 11 Mar 2009, at 16:42, Srinivas Manda wrote:
      [snip]
      > This is the catch here – Developers , Testing are always full time
      > and they work on only 1 project but designers , usability folks ,
      > Database are some sort of Specialty roles and we work on multiple
      > projects at a time I am not sure if this is same elsewhere and this
      > is
      > where the problem arises when working with Agile ....
      [snip]

      My approach in these situations is to make more UX resources. Remove
      the bottleneck by educating the rest of the team.

      I find that the time spent spreading UX skills/knowledge about to the
      rest of the team is more than made up by the time you save by not
      doing it all yourself.

      You certainly can't turn everybody into a UX designer - but you can
      give people enough information and skills to spot/solve the easier
      issues leaving you free to concentrate on the harder ones.

      delicious.com/adrianh - twitter.com/adrianh - adrianh@...

    • juliebooth36
      Message 64 of 64 , Oct 19, 2009
        At Con-way, we have the luxury (right now) of being in the same geographic location. But there are only two of us UX types... We work very closely with the BA and the Developers on the teams and have established a process where we participate in stand-up as much as possible and have a weekly revolving door ux session on whatever is testable. I posted a chart and a quick explanation about how we are using Mingle to manage that here:
        http://www.uxsuccess.com/2009/10/ux-and-agile-co-mingling.html