Re: [agile-usability] Re: Question_Agile Process_ UIE Virtual Seminar

  • Ron Jeffries
    Message 1 of 64 , Mar 10 10:17 AM
      Hello, Srinivas. On Tuesday, March 10, 2009, at 8:51:00 AM, you
      wrote:

      > I agree to what you say , I would love to have Developers / Designers to
      > be in the same team but it is not possible

      Why? Are some of them in prison?

      > once example as i said earlier ... if developers and designer, BA's are
      > working at the same time and if the screen design is done ... and we
      > test the design with the USERS ... it is not really possible to get
      > feedback from the USERS in 2 weeks or so.. by the time we get the
      > feedback from USERS developers are done with there coding ... and if we
      > have some changes .. developers need to change the code ...

      Yes. This is an obstacle. You must remove it.

      Ron Jeffries
      www.XProgramming.com
      www.xprogramming.com/blog
      Attend our CSM Plus Course!
      Thousands of years ago, the first man discovered how to make fire.
      He was probably burned at the stake he had taught his brothers to
      light - Howard Roark (The Fountainhead, Ayn Rand)
    • juliebooth36
      Message 64 of 64 , Oct 19, 2009
        At Con-way, we have the luxury (right now) of being in the same geographic location. But there are only two of us UX types... We work very closely with the BA and the Developers on the teams and have established a process where we participate in stand-up as much as possible and have a weekly revolving door ux session on whatever is testable. I posted a chart and a quick explanation about how we are using Mingle to manage that here:
        http://www.uxsuccess.com/2009/10/ux-and-agile-co-mingling.html