Re: [agile-usability] Question_Agile Process_ UIE Virtual Seminar

  • Srinivas Manda
    Message 1 of 64 , Mar 9 4:03 PM
      Thanks William, the problem is in Agile you know that we always buy stories  and work on them in sprints ...
      designers always do early designs so that it can be usability tested before developers actually code it ....

      in  iteration zero if designers work on the features that time developers might buy some stories (technical) and they are busy with it...

      1. Put everybody in the same room.
        if developers are working on other stories how can they be part of design stories
      2. When designers design, encourage them to frequently get feedback from the developers.
        developers are busy with other stories how can they contribute of the stories that designers might have bought
      3. When developers develop, encourage them to frequently get feedback from the designers.

      -laksinu

      Message 64 of 64 , Oct 19, 2009
        At Con-way, we have the luxury (right now) of being in the same geographic location. But there are only two of us UX types... We work very closely with the BA and the Developers on the teams and have established a process where we participate in stand-up as much as possible and have a weekly revolving door ux session on whatever is testable. I posted a chart and a quick explanation about how we are using Mingle to manage that here:
        http://www.uxsuccess.com/2009/10/ux-and-agile-co-mingling.html