Re: Low-Fi Prototyping and Distributed WoZ Testing Tool

  • alihosseinikhayat
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 24, 2009
      Hi,
      Just wanted to quickly point something out. Although the
      ActiveStory Enhanced designer tool requires a Windows-based PC,
      the actual usability Wizard of Oz testing is done inside a web
      browser and test participants can run it whether theyre using
      Windows, Linux or Mac, and whether they're using Internet
      Explorer, Firefox or most other popular browsers.
      Also, the original version of ActiveStory should work on a Mac,
      although the setup file wont. If you download the source code and
      compile it (or set it up on a Windows machine and copy over the
      files to the Mac) you should be able to use it. I'm not quite sure
      if the built-in server for the orginal ActiveStory would work on a
      Mac though.
      In case your interested in trying you can get the original
      ActiveStory setup here:
      http://ase.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/index.php/ActiveStory/ActiveStoryDownlo
      adPage
      The source code for it was previously available on SourceForge,
      but I can't seem to find it there anymore. If needed email me and
      I'll look into making it available again.
      Regards,
      Ali Hosseini Khayat
      --- In agile-usability@yahoogroups.com, jonkern@... wrote:

      > got anything for Mac users to try (without using parallels)?

      Eastern
      > Subject: [agile-usability] Low-Fi Prototyping and Distributed
      WoZ Testing Tool

      > Hi all,
      > As some of you may remember Patrick Wilson (a member of Dr.
      Maurer's

      http://ase.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/index.php/ActiveStoryEnhanced/Home
      > CodePlex page: http://www.codeplex.com/ActiveStoryEnhanced
      > Installer: