Re: [agile-usability] Low-Fi Prototyping and Distributed WoZ Testing Tool

  • Dan Blaker
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 23, 2009
      Here are a couple options for Mac users:

      Balsamiq Mockups is a novel UI sketching app that works in the browser
      or as a downloadable Adobe Air application on your (Mac/Win/Linux)
      desktop. It's "novel" because it uses a pen-sketched style for all its
      pluggable UI elements. http://www.balsamiq.com/

      iPlotz is another browser/Air app that uses a less sketchy style. http://iplotz.com/

      AFAIK, neither app has built-in click tracking, so you'd have to use
      something like crazyegg (http://crazyegg.com) to figure that stuff out.

      I'd love to hear other people's suggestions about a Mac-compatible
      tool with built-in click tracking etc.

      DGB

      On Feb 23, 2009, at 1:15 PM, jonkern@... wrote:

      > got anything for Mac users to try (without using parallels)?

    • alihosseinikhayat
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 24, 2009
        Hi,
        Just wanted to quickly point something out. Although the
        ActiveStory Enhanced designer tool requires a Windows-based PC,
        the actual usability Wizard of Oz testing is done inside a web
        browser and test participants can run it whether theyre using
        Windows, Linux or Mac, and whether they're using Internet
        Explorer, Firefox or most other popular browsers.
        Also, the original version of ActiveStory should work on a Mac,
        although the setup file wont. If you download the source code and
        compile it (or set it up on a Windows machine and copy over the
        files to the Mac) you should be able to use it. I'm not quite sure
        if the built-in server for the orginal ActiveStory would work on a
        Mac though.
        In case your interested in trying you can get the original
        ActiveStory setup here:
        http://ase.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/index.php/ActiveStory/ActiveStoryDownlo
        adPage
        The source code for it was previously available on SourceForge,
        but I can't seem to find it there anymore. If needed email me and
        I'll look into making it available again.
        Regards,
        Ali Hosseini Khayat
        --- In agile-usability@yahoogroups.com, jonkern@... wrote:

        > got anything for Mac users to try (without using parallels)?

      • Jon Kern
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 25, 2009
          i use balsamiq ;-)

          jon