Re: [agile-usability] design research with remote teams?

  • Anoop Jayakumar
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 27, 2009
      Hi Amy,
      From my past experience doing global contextual research studies with teams distributed across geographies, having a dedicated sharepoint site / internal blog solely for the research study has proved useful in communicating with teams, and complimented the regular checkpoints / phone conferences quite well. You might also be able to use this as a tool to generate excitement and interest among the larger stakeholder community on the research you are doing.
      Hope this helps!
      Regards,

      ----
      Anoop Jayakumar
      User Experience Consultant
      anoop@...
      (408) 398 6080
      www.uxbay.com

      --- On Tue, 1/27/09, Amy Jones <ajones@...> wrote:
      From: Amy Jones <ajones@...>
      Subject: [agile-usability] design research with remote teams?
      To: discuss@..., alum@..., agile-usability@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 10:13 PM

      Hi all,

      Im in the middle of design research for our upcoming release.  Its going well, if at a breakneck pace (isnt it always?).  My conundrum is figuring out how to share information with my Product Manager, who is in California (Im in Texas).  Were doing a paper-based contextual design process, and best case scenario is to type up observations and email them to her which is laborious and also an imperfect solution.

      Im looking at CDTools, which is pimped pretty hard in Rapid Contextual Design and it does look promising, except that its $750, and I recently convinced my peeps that investing in Morae was a good idea, so Im reluctant to ask for another outlay of cash for software Im not convinced is the answer.  (Morae WAS a good idea, for sure, its just expensive).

      Does anyone have a good answer for following a more-or-less classic Contextual Design process with remote team members in an agile environment?  Or with CDTools specifically?

      Amy L. E. Jones
      User Researcher

      Convio, Inc.
      ajones@convio. com